by Mitchell Starkman, Registered Physiotherapist
We’re so excited to talk shoulders with you! The idea of shoulder pain as a whole is a huge topic so we’ve decided to focus in on the two most common causes of shoulder pain in runners. These are the most common reasons people have to visit their healthcare provider: Shoulder Impingement and Rotator Strain. The good news is that both of these conditions are greatly related and so, for simplicity’s sake, we will refer to both of them as Shoulder Impingement throughout this guide.
In this Ultimate Guide to Shoulder Pain I will review the following:
- Who gets Shoulder Impingement?
- What is Shoulder Impingement?
- Where do people feel Shoulder Impingement?
- When do people feel Shoulder Impingement pain?
- Why do people get Shoulder Impingement in the first place?
- How do I fix my Shoulder Impingement?